top of page
Nathan Yong runs a multidisciplinary design consultancy practice based in Singapore. His work spans industrial design, graphics, interior design, architectural design, strategic planning in product development, manufacturing process and branding. He is also programme leader in Lasalle School of the Arts and has been invited to speak in China Academy of Art. He is also a jury for several renowned design awards. He is also a mentor for many young creative startups in Asia.
Nathan’s work has been exhibited globally in design centers in Singapore, Shizuoka, Milan, London, Koln, and Taipei. He has appeared in international magazines including Wallpaper, Monocle, Surface, Dwell, On Office and Habitus. His clients include Design Within Reach (USA), Herman Miller (USA), Ligne Roset (France), Living Divani (Italy), Opinion Ciatti (Italy), Sphaus (Italy), Domicil (Germany), Ethnicraft (Belgium), Mige (China), Grafunkt (Singapore), Folks Furniture (Singapore) and many others
His work is inspired by observation of the visual environment, and then challenges the existential questions of the objects. Instead of superfluous details, he captures the poetry of products through a stripping process, lending object qualities that are informed by a lightness of restraints.
Nathan Yong's 2 decades of work span across 4 disciplines; Art, Furniture, Spatial, Object.
Some notable works include:
- There in the Middleness (National Gallery)
- Star Wars Sculpture (Disney)
- Lightness (Singapore Tourism Board)
- Line Collection (Design Within Reach)
- Life Cycle (American Hardwood Export Council)
- Jewel Seatings (Jewel Changi Airport)
- Midtown Modern showflat (Guocoland)
- In the Scheme of Things (DesignSingapore)
- White House (International Furniture Fair SG)
- Parachute (Ligne Roset)
- P'DA Trophy (DesignSingapore)
- Vapour Collection (Royal Selangor)
& many others..
Sep 2021 - H&M 10 & More
Aug 2021 - Martin Modern
Mar 2021 - Verona Desk @Heals (UK)
Feb 2021 - Midtown Modern showflats
Jan 2021 - There in the Middleness
bottom of page